Product Name Chitosan
CAS No. 9012-76-4
Specification 80, 85, 90, 95
Test of MethodHPLC
AppearanceWhite or off-white Powder
TypeAntioxidants, Emulsifiers, Flavoring Agents, Nutrition Enhancers, Stabilizers, Sweeteners
Grade Standard Food, Agricultural, Medicine, Feed, Industry
Model NumberTop Grade
Shelf life:24 Months
Solubility InSoluble in acid, insoluble in water
Chitosan is a linear polysaccharide composed of randomly distributed β-(1-4)-linked D-glucosamine (deacetylated unit) and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine (acetylated unit). It is made by treating shrimp and other crustacean shells with the alkali sodium hydroxide.
Chitosan has a number of commercial and possible biomedical uses. It can be used in agriculture as a seed treatment and biopesticide, helping plants to fight off fungal infections. In winemaking it can be used as a fining agent, also helping to prevent spoilage. In industry, it can be used in a self-healing polyurethane paint coating. In medicine, it may be useful in bandages to reduce bleeding and as an antibacterial agent; it can also be used to help deliver drugs through the skin.
More controversially, chitosan has been asserted to have use in limiting fat absorption, which would make it useful for dieting, but there is evidence against this.
Other uses of chitosan that have been researched include use as a soluble dietary fiber.
Product Funtion :Medicine Grade/Food Grade/Agriculture Grade/Industrial Grade/
Environmental protection field
Chitosan Specification List
Food grade85%, 90%, 95%
Medicine Grade90%, 95%
Industrial Grade80%, 85%, 90%
Agricultural Grade80%, 85%, 90%
Water Soluble Chitosan90%, 95%
Chitosan Oligosaccharides85%, 90%, 95%
Chitosan HCL85%, 90%
1. Promoting blood coagulation and wound healing;
2. Used as drug sustained-release matrix;
3. Used in artificial tissues and organs;
4. Improving the immunity, guarding against hypertension, regulating blood sugar, anti-ageing, enhancing acid constitution,etc,
As the chitosan non-toxic,has anti-bacterial, antiinflammatory, hemostatic, and
immune function, can be used as artificial skin, self-absorption of surgical sutures,
medical dressing Branch, bone, tissue engineering scaffolds, enhance liver function,
improve digestive function, blood fat, lowering blood sugar, inhibiting tumor
metastasis, and adsorption and complexation of heavy metals and can be excreted,
and so on, was vigorously applied to health food and drug additives.
1. Antibacterial agent
2. Fruit and vegetable preservatives
3.Additives for health-care food
4.Clarifying agent for fruit juice
Used as food additives, beverage supplement,thickeners, preservatives fruits and vegetables, fruit juice clarifying agent, forming agent, adsorbent, and health food.
1. In agriculture, chitosan is typically used as a natural seed treatment and plant growth enhancer, and as an ecologically friendly biopesticide substance that boosts the innate ability of plants to defend themselves against fungal infections.
2. As feed additives, can inhibit and kill the harmful bacterium, improve animals immunity.
1. Chitosan has good adsorption characteristics of heavy metal ion, applied in treatment of organic waste water, dye waste water, water purification and textile industry.
2. Chitosan can be also applied in paper-making industry, improving the dry and wet strength of paper and surface print ability.
Environmental protection field
Chitosan and its derivatives is a good flocculant for wastewater treatment and
metal recovery from metalcontaining waste water; in textile field: as a mordant,
health care fabric, sizing agents, printing and dying.